Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day #2: Finding My Footing

When you're out of your element and a bit of an old dog for new tricks -- even if you've done those tricks before -- it can be a bit of a slog. Today, I woke up just as enthusiastic as the day before but with not quite as ambitious a schedule. I wanted to go up the big TV tower that used to be the center of East Berlin, planned on seeing the Olympic Stadium where Hitler refused to acknowledge Jesse Owen's physical prowess, not to mention his gold medals, I needed to get a working adapter so I could get online and finally I had to buy my train ticket to Poland. It's exhausting just to think about.

Along the way, I went to a cafe (see crusty photo below), took some cool pics of some statues at the Olympic Stadium, saw one of the most beautiful sunflowers I've ever seen and the final picture below is of me at the U-Bahn station on the way back from the station. The particular line I was taking was #2, so in the back of me on the sign you'll see "U2". Just thought it was funny.

I'll just post the pictures and let them speak for themselves. Meanwhile, I must be off. I have some relaxing to do and then hopefully a short night out on the town before heading out early tomorrow for Poland. I'll be posting soon...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home