Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Auschwitz to Turkey

On my way to Turkey after spending a day in Krakow visiting Auschwitz/Birkenau. Not so crazy depression, but definitely has me thoughtful. I'm the airport at Munich for my connecting flight and am going to be reading "Night" by Elie Wiesel on the way to Turkey. I have a feeling the words in his memoir will ring all the more true since my extensive visit yesterday.

I'll report more once I get to my hotel in Istanbul (I believe I have wireless there in my room) and will upload pictures of the past few days.

The weather is supposed to be close to 100 degrees in Istanbul. It was raining with a big thunderstorm yesterday in Krakow, and at night it was actually cold (high 50s, low 60s, I would guess), so the change will be nice. Just sent a bunch of stuff home after overpacking and especially with the hot weather the lightening of the load will be nice.

Will dispatch shortly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home